Sunday, January 13, 2013

Round 12 - ETPBC Div 5



Ok All, this ones tough to write, probably more so as i've been up snce 4.30am heartbreakingly watching my beloved Seattle Seahawks...

To paint the picture, we've been renowned for our defence and also Lynch with his awesome running and our Rookie sensation QB Russell Wilson. First half there was none of the above, no defence, run from lynch or Wilson to help us - 20 - 0 at half time.

3rd Qtr you could see the fight in the hawks, but at 3qtr time we were still 27-7 down. Then, just like out of a movie/fairy tale, with 40 seconds to go, Seattle takes the lead and we're up 28-27.

Already running late I thought best to make a dash for the bus whilst glaring at twitter feeds the whole walk, what was a 2 minute walk lasted an eternity as I hear 2 passes from Atlanta brought them within Field Goal distance and just like that Atlanta stole the game....

So, you can now see why I am in one heck of a downer right now...

First game back ETPBC were up against Adelaide, who for most of the year has remained on top only losing 3 games, and we were at their home ground...

One thing identified by Matt & Robbo was the need for our team to get early runs, when up early our team is hard to beat! And thats exactly what we did, early runs were ploughed on the board with the help of Jonesy's replacement lead off hitter Ralph, with some great base stealing too he helped us get the momentum early and maintain a healthy lead.

Unfortunately we couldn't hold the lead and Adelaide, pulling a swifty, untied Ralphy's shoes and he tripped over which brought in 2 runs - from there Adelaide had the momentum and took control of the game.

Not being outdone however, ET pulled back the lead with some great hitting, especially from one J Laws going deep to bring in the runner - might have to work on his sliding though....

Sadly Adelaide were too strong and we fell short 11-10.

Now a look at my game, fielding I was happy until two players pointed out I'm not doing my job... news to me and now I need to get out and learn my 3rd base role again.. Didn't realise my role was the cutoff for left field, something I haven't done all year - but, now I know I can work on that for rest of season...

Batting, terrible, the previous game I went 4 from 4, this week, didn't look like getting on. Struck out in the first at bat (although still think last two were out of the box...) and flied out in my 2nd bat... was benched just over halfway through and actually glad I was, head wasn't in it and I tell you as a fielder it can be a very lonely place when the heat is on you, especially if your doing the wrong thing...

So, from here - yep i'm filthy, we're 6 games from finals and I'm a very massive chance of losing my 3rd base role and playing alot more bench time - something I don't want to happen. Need to get out wednesday, work on my hitting/fielding and hit it hard from there. If someone wants my position you better come hard cos Bo Gas is gonna come harder...

Flinders this week, time to hit these Uni students and show them what the Red Sox are made of!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment