Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year - 2013

Happy New Year to all my readers!!!

At this time of the year everyone decides its a good idea to make changes or alterations to themselves to better the year to come.

And this year will be no different to the last so I will try and add some things I would like to achieve below...

Weight... Always on the cards and I'm sure this occurs in 90% of the New Years resolutions people make every year.

About 6 months ago I set out to get under 100kg's, would be the first time in 15 years then if I could.. Weight loss was going well and I was exercising alot too during that time, Sadly I got sick with a bad throat infection, from then on I slowly stopped exercising and maintained my current weight.

So the good news from the last push was I acheived 2 out of the 3 goals I set myself which I am happy about, my last goal was to get to 109kg's which I did well, good thing also (sort of..) is that I've been sitting on 108-109kg's ever since. So no stacking getting on...

Couple of key factors get me into gear; Motivation, Will and Support. If I have heaps of people (especially family) encouraging me or getting me involved I become unstoppable and love exercising, if I get negative feedback I tend to go back to old ways and can't be bothered... Time sadly is also a factor in our household as we have very few hours left in each day once you take work and sport committements into account.

The good news is I'm active in sport 4 days out of 7 due to baseball both with my team and my sons team, so its not like I sit at home playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 every day (although I wish I could hahaha). The important part for me though is utilising the other days we don't have baseball and get the most out of each day...

Sickness is another factor, I need to make sure I don't get sick, each time I get into a fitness regime something happens and I go back to old ways, each time I get sick I also crave shitty foods like a combo yiros with double onion and double garlic sauce...

So - I'll give it another go and see if I can get myself to my main goal weight - 99 kg's. I also want to increase a bit of muscle in my arms so will hit the weights machine at home..

I guess another resolution I'll need to consider is study, I'm currently completing my Diploma in Financial Planning and halfway through, due to time restraints I've found it hard to take on the final subjects but again, like exercise, I need to find the time..

Investment is another one I'd like to nail too with Renovations, one of my long term goals is to have 5 Investment properties by retirement, this way we have a regular income coming in and hopefully won't need to rely on the government! So this year I would like to get my hands on an investment property, be it a small little unit somewhere, a holiday house down the coast or a house. Whatever the size I need to get moving on an investment.

So that'll be the first step, I'm not fussed if I haven't bought one, just as long as I am in a position to be ready to buy one, not jump out too eagerly...

A wise person once said to own 5 Investment properties before retirement is a very sound investment plan, you should have one new one every 10 years...

Well I think thats all for now, Hope you all had a very good Xmas and an excellent New Year, hope you didn't make an a*& of yourself like I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment